Free streaming digital videos, music & audiobooks on your smartphone, tablet or computer!
- You’ll need your Community District Library card & a computer or device with an internet connection.
- It’s easy to start using hoopla digital. Set-up instructions depend on how you’ll be using the service.
- Streaming digital videos, music and audiobooks requires an internet connection.
Using a personal computer (Windows or Mac):
- Go to hoopladigital.com.
- Click "Get Started" (at center of window) then enter your address and create a password. Continue by choosing Community District Library as your library. Next, enter your library card number & PIN (your library card PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
- Hoopla digital is compatible with personal computers that use Internet Explorer 8 & above, Chrome, Firefox 8 & above, and Safari. First-time users will need to install the Widevine plug-in. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, as well as Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and 10, do not require you to install the plug-in. You will be prompted to install this free program.
Using a tablet, smartphone or mobile device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phone or tablet):
- Go to Apple App or Google Play store to download the free hoopla digital app.
- Click "Sign Up" (top right) and create an account with your email address & library card number (your library card pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number). Create a password. You can use the app to stream videos, audiobooks and music.
Browse & Check Out
- Browse or use the search box to find a feature-length movie, television show, full-length album or audiobook of your choice. When you find a title, click "Borrow."
- Each cardholder can check out up to 10 titles per month.
- There are never any waiting lists. See a title and check it out!
- After borrowing the item, go to "My Titles" and play or listen to your title. Enjoy!
- Movies, TV Shows & Videos: 72 hours (3 days)
- Music albums: 1 week (7 days)
- Audiobooks: 3 weeks (21 days)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many titles can I check out? You can check out up to 10 titles per month (any mix of movies, music or audiobooks). Counter resets on the 1st of the month.
- How do I know how many titles I have left this month to check out?
On a computer: Click on your email address (top right). Under Account Notes, you’ll see items borrowed this month and number of remaining items.
Android app: Settings >> Account Notes >> Monthly Usage.
Apple app: Settings >> Lending History.
- Do I have to return my titles? Are there overdue fines? Don’t worry about overdue fines. At the end of your checkout period, the item is returned automatically and you won’t be able to play it.
- Can I view titles offline? With the Apple or Android apps, you can temporarily download titles to view offline. If you watch on a computer, you’ll need an internet connection for the entire performance.
- Does Hoopla work on the XBox 360, PS3, or Roku? At this time, Hoopla does not currently support these devices/platforms. However, Hoopla is working on increasing compatibility with more devices - check back for updates.