News from the Library
CDL is now lending mobile hotspots! What are hotspots? They are small, battery powered devices that provide internet access to smartphones, tablets, computers and other wireless devices through a cellular network. Hot spots can be used in a car, home or anywhere else. Service is dependent on the availability of the TMobile network where the hotspot is being used. Up to 10 devices can connect to the hotspot at one time and will provide unlimited internet service.
To see a network map visit the coverage map HERE
Who can borrow a hotspot?
Cardholders age 18+ in good standing.
Where can I check out and return the hotspot to?
- The following branches will house hotpots for checkout: Bancroft, Corunna, Morrice and Perry. They are requestable and can be inter-library loaned to to any CDL branch. How long can I keep the hotspot?
- The hotspot can be checked out for 7 days and renewed if there are no holds pending.
- The hotspot will be deactivated 48 hours of the due date.
Can I reserve a hotspot?
- Yes, hotspots can be reserved online using your library card.
What is the cost?
- They are free to check out.
- A late fee of $2.00 per day is charged. If the hotspot is not returned within 30 day of the due date a the borrower is responsible for the full replacement cost of $110.00.
What happens if the hotspot is lost or damaged?
- The borrower will be charged for the hotspot and/or any accessory not returned or damaged.
- Hotspot Unit: $75.00
- Power Adapter: $10.00
- Power Cord: $10.00
- Case: $15.00
Can I connect multiple devices to the hotspot?
- Up to 10 devices can connect to a hotspot