Frequently Asked Questions
Some helpful tips for managing renewals:
- To maximize your renewals, wait until items are nearly due before attempting to renew.
- If an email address is on file, courtesy notices are sent three days before an item is due and will remind you to renew items you want to keep longer. Please note, these notices are always sent by email only and will not be sent by phone.
- Access My Account to track the number of renewals available for each item.
Renew your items:
- In person at any Community District Library Branch Online with My Account.
- From one of our computers at any Community District Library branch locations.
- From a home computer 24 hours a day.
- By phone, call any of our CDL branches during regular hours.
An item may not renew because:
- The item is on hold for another borrower.
- The item has already been renewed the maximum number of times.
It is very important to verify that your renewals have been completed successfully by noting the new due dates.
Schedule of loan period and fines:
|Material Type||Loan Period||Renew Limit||Overdue Fine/Day*|
|New Dvd’s||3 days||0||$1.00|
|Music Cd’s||7 days||1||$1.00|
|Item||Cost per Page/Item|
|Copies black and white||$0.15|
|Copies double sided||$0.20|
|Copies Legal size||$0.20|
|Library card replacement||$3.00|
|Non-resident card fee||$55.00|
|Contracted resident card||$35.00|
*Byron and New Lothrop will be exempt from copy fees. Items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan by CDL patrons incur the same overdue fines as the corresponding formats of CDL items.