Frequently Asked Questions
Community District Library is a Fine Free Library!
Patrons will no longer be charged a daily late fine on overdue items, with the exception of mobile hotspots and Playaway Launchpads.
- 21 days overdue items will be considered “lost” and the account blocked until the items are renewed or returned.
- 31 days accounts owing more than $25 in lost fees are sent to collections and billed a $10 collection fee. Once items are returned, the the replacement fee will be removed, but the $10 collection fee will remain.
- Reminders will be sent to patrons via text, email and/or mail at 3, 7 and 21 days overdue.
Renewing your items is easy!
- In person at any Community District Library Branch, by phone, or online anytime with My Account.
An item may not renew because:
- The item is on hold for another borrower or has already been renewed the maximum number of times.
Schedule of loan period:
|Material Type||Loan Period||Renew Limit|
|New Dvd’s||7 days||0|
|Music Cd’s||7 days||1|
Fees are charged for copies: 15 cents per page, 25 cents for color and faxes are $1.00 per page up to $10.00 maximum.